Step 1 to create and add a static block in Magento 2
In admin panel, go to menu Content , choose Blocks
- Click Add New Block button from top right
Fill the block : Block title, indentifier, store view
- Fill in all the fields in the General Information section
- In the Block Title field, you can write down the name of your block (for example: Home Page Block).
- Then in the Identifier field, you can set the name of your Block, using all lowercase characters without spaces (for example: home-page-block). It is how this block will be identified in the system.
- And you can choose one type of the Store View field.
- Then set Status to “Enabled”
- Then you might change status to any bold, and just gonna enter center of content that you wish to appear on your static block and others in this is just a very simple static block. Just writing you can do much more advanced things at this time.
- Now you can just block
- Go back to content, then choose pages
Step 2 to create and add a static block in Magento 2
Choose Homepage, then select edit
- Select content
- Now you can add this new page on any other by using a link widget. For example if you want to add this page as a link on the home page, you will need to get into your Home Page’s edit menu, select the content tab and click on the insert widget button.
- In the little icon, you will see insert which it as being one of the options you can click that. Then you can select widget type
- In widget type, you can select CMS Static block
- In template, you can select CMS Static block default template, then click select block, and click insert widget.
Now you can go to check that appears on your home page. There is no need static block pretty simple but you can make it more complex . And i hope this post can help you check out, create and add a static block in magento 2 web development.