This tutorial is going to show you how to set the default language and currency in your Magento store.
- In your Magento admin go to System > Manage Stores
- Click on Main Website Store under the Store Name (if there are several ones, click any of them)
- On the next page under Store Information select a different language in the Default Store View drop-down list.
- Click Save Store.
- Now every time you are opening the your site, it’s going to be in the language you selected.
- You can change the default language for the backend by going to System -> Configuration -> General -> Locale options.
To change the default ($) currency on the your Magento site
- In admin panel, go to Admin > System > Configuration > Currency Set up.
- Select currency that you want to be default from your base currency drop down.
- Select the same currency in the Default Display Currency drop down and from the Allowed Currencies list.
- Click Save Config.
- The frontend display currency should be different if you check out your site.